Pierpaolo Guzzo is following on Jan de Vries as Chairman
Lainate – April 29, 2021 – Cassiopea SpA (SIX: SKIN), a specialty pharmaceutical company developing and preparing to commercialize prescription drugs with novel mechanisms of action (MOA) to address long-standing and essential dermatological conditions, announced the results of its Annual General Meeting held today on April 29, 2021 in Lainate, Milan (Italy).
Owing to the COVID-19 health emergency and in compliance with art. 106 of Law Decree n. 18 dated March 17, 2020, converted into Law n. 27 dated April 24, 2020 (as last amended by Law-Decree n. 183 dated December 20, 2020, converted with amendments into Law n. 21 dated February 26, 2021) aimed at minimizing travel and gatherings, shareholders were only entitled to attend and vote at the Shareholders’ Meeting by granting a specific proxy to the designated representative (Dario Trevisan, lawyer).
6,135,231 shareholder votes were represented at this annual ordinary shareholders meeting, which corresponds to 57.07% of all votes. All motions have been approved by a vast majority (at least 99.5%) of the shareholders:
– Approval of the Financial Statements for the financial year 2020 as per December 31, 2020
– Decision that the new board of directors consists of 5 members (as previously)
– Decision that the duration of the tenure of the new board of directors lasts for one year (as previously), i.e. until the approval of the financial statements as at 31 December 2021
– Decision that the overall annual compensation for the entire board of directors is equal to EUR 205.500 (as previously)
– Appointment (re-election) of the members of the board of directors: Pierpaolo Guzzo (executive), Diana Harbort (executive), Oyvind Bjordal (non-executive, independent), Jan de Vries (non-executive, independent) and Maurizio Baldassarini (non-executive, independent). Subsequently, Pierpaolo Guzzo has been appointed as new Chairman, thus following on Jan de Vries.
– Confirmation of BDO Italia SpA’s mandate for the statutory audit of the accounts of the Company for the financial years 2021-2023.
Cassiopea is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing and preparing to commercialize prescription drugs with novel mechanisms of action (MOA) to address long-standing and essential dermatological conditions, particularly acne, androgenetic alopecia (or AGA) and genital warts. Cassiopea is investing in innovation that is driving scientific advancement in areas that have been largely ignored for decades. The portfolio comprises four unencumbered clinical candidates, for which Cassiopea owns the worldwide rights. The Company’s strategy is to leverage this expertise to optimize the commercial potential for its products directly or with a partner. For further information on Cassiopea, please visit www.cassiopea.com.
Jefferies Virtual Global Health Care Conference June 1-3, 2021
Half-Year Report 2021 July 29 2021
Credit Suisse Equity Conference Mid-November 2021, Zurich
Jefferies Global Health Care Conference November 16-18, 2021, London
Diana Harbort, CEO & Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +39 02 868 911 24
Some of the information contained in this press release may contain forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Cassiopea has no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.